Thank you for your interest in working with Xanterra Parks & Resorts.

We employ numerous international students each season. However, it is not our practice to sponsor students. In order to work for our National Park Lodges, it is necessary for international applicants to be students and have a J-1 Exchange Visitors’ Visa. (The J-1 allows for cultural exchange for work and travel.) It is also preferred that international applicants be somewhat fluent with the English language.

The agencies listed below can assist students and each operates differently. You may need to apply to the agency for placement. Program costs differ with each agency.

In addition, interviews are held by these programs from January to March. Inquiries after that date are generally not accepted. The programs listed above are the only agencies we are working with at this time for referrals for J-1 status.

Remember, you must indicate on your letter of application or on-line application that you are being referred by one of the agencies listed above.

Generally speaking, J-1 Visa applicants:

  • Must be 18 – 28 years of age.
  • Must be a full-time student at the time of application.
  • Must be available for a maximum of a four-month work period during summer vacations.

It is the policy of Xanterra Parks & Resorts to retain a copy of your I-94, IAP-66, and unexpired passport. You must have valid J1 status and an IAP-66 form authorizing you to work in the United States, along with an American Social Security Card/proof of application for a card when you report for work.